Categories: General Date: May 19, 2020 Title: Plan to Reopen County BuildingsClick here to view the original Anderson County Plans to Reopen Buildings as a PDF.
May 18th, 2020
ANDERSON COUNTY PLANS TO REOPEN BUILDINGS
Anderson County Commissioners appreciate your patience while easing into reopening our buildings and access to the public. Our main objective is to keep our employees and citizens safe while doing business with our departments. While we are beginning the reopening phase of our buildings, it is still encouraged to utilize doing business by mail, phone, email, or drop box if possible.
· On Tuesday May 26th, all buildings that have been closed will begin to allow citizens to enter by appointment only. The doors will remain locked. Offices will begin making appointments Friday, May 22nd. Citizens must call to make an appointment and will be required to make separate appointments if business is needed with multiple offices.
· The Treasurer and Register of Deeds offices will be limiting appointments to Anderson County residents and businesses only. Out of county individuals may call and will be assisted by different methods so they do not need to enter the building.
· When arriving for your appointment, call the office so they know you have arrived and can let you in.
· Do not bring additional people with you to your appointment (unless a legal guardian is required.)
· It is recommended to wear a mask but is not required.
· If you have traveled to a location flagged by the CDC or have symptoms correlated with COVID-19, please stay home and call our offices if you need assistance.
· While in the building maintain 6 feet of distance from employees and other citizens at all times. Do not enter any areas of the building that you do not need to access for your transaction.
All offices are taking precautions such as plexiglass shields, hand sanitizer stations, and social distancing markings.
· On June 1st, the courthouse will be open to the public. Only the automatic doors on the west side of the building will be unlocked. A hand sanitizer station will be set up and is advised to use upon entrance. If the office is full that you are needing, please wait in the hallway until an employee calls you in.
· There will be markings on the benches and floor to allow social distancing while waiting. Again, we stress that there only be 1 person per transaction (unless a legal guardian is required.) There will be a limit of three customers in the treasurer's office and one DL customer at a time. If the marked spaces on the benches are full we ask that you wait outside until you see an individual leave the building. If this process does not work the Treasurer’s office will resume making appointments going forward.
· It is recommended to continue to use the drop box and do business via phone, email, or mail. Please call the courthouse prior to coming to determine if we can process your transaction without exposing you to others.
· Hours for the Courthouse beginning June 1st will be 8:00am-4:00pm. Staff will use 4:00pm-5:00pm to clean and sanitize offices and building.
Other County Buildings
· Road & Bridge – The office will open by appointment only beginning May 26th. Contact the office when you arrive.
o The building will be unlocked to the public on June 1st.
· Landfill/Recycling Center – The recycling center will open to the public on Tuesday, May 26th during the shortened hours of Monday-Friday 7:00am – 10:00am and Saturday 8:00am – Noon. Items should be sorted correctly to avoid staff from touching items.
o Normal hours will resume on June 1st. The scale house will remain locked and business shall continue to be done through the window.
Treasurer’s Office: 785-448-5824
County Clerk: 785-448-6841
Register of Deeds: 785-448-3715
County Attorney: 785-448-5703
District Court: 785-448-6886
Road & Bridge: 785-448-3724