Print this page


2016 Elections

The current list of elections for Anderson County are as follows:

November 8, 2016 General Election

Filing Information

June 1, 12:00 noon deadline, in the County Clerks' Office, for candidates wishing to file for state and county offices and Garnett City Commissioner.  There is a $20.00 filing fee for city office.    Petition forms are available in the office of the County Clerk for county offices.  Petition requirements are 3% of all registered voters of the party of the candidate in the election district for the specified office.  All petitions must be turned in at one time along with a filing fee of $50.00 (For county offices).  If the candidate does not wish to file by petition a fee of 1% of the salary for the office must be paid along with the $50.00 filing fee.  All Democrat and Republican candidates for county office must file in the office of the County Clerk.  Any Libertarian or Reform candidate who wishes to be placed on the county ballot must be nominated by their respective party and submitted to the Secretary of States Office.  All Sheriff candidates will be required to be fingerprinted when they file. The filing deadline for an independent candidate is 12:00 noon Monday August 1.  Independent candidates must be registered as undeclared.

Voter Registration and Advanced Voting

Voter registration and advanced voting applications can be downloaded from the State of Kansas Office of the Secretary of State:
Registration and Voting
Advance Voting

All first time registrants in the state of Kansas must provide proof of citizenship.  If documentation is not provided within 90 days of registering your registration will be canceled.

Upon completion return the form to the Anderson County ClerK, 100 E. 4th Ave., Garnett, KS 66032 

Effective January 1, 2012 every voter must show ID when voting.  A voter requesting a ballot by mail must either write his or her driver's license number on the application or send a copy of a photo ID to get a ballot.  A voter age 65 or older may use an expired document.

Certain individuals are exempt from the ID requirement:  permanent advance voters (voters with illnesses or disabilities), overseas military voters and their spouses and dependents, and voters with religious objections who sign declations.


Driver's license or ID card issued by Kansas or by another state
U.S. Passport
Student ID card from an accredited postsecondary education institution in Kansas
U.S. Military ID
Employee badge or identification document issued by a government office
Cancealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or by another state
Public assistance identification card issued by a government office

Effective Janualry 1, 2013, any citizen who is not currently registed in the state of Kansas must provide proof of citizenship when registering to vote.  This includes:
Birth Certificate
U.S. Passport
U.S. Naturalization Documents
U.S. Military record of Service
Bureau of Indian Affairs card number
Other documents as specified-Please check with the SOS office or the County Clerk

Previous page: Commissioners
Next page: Departments

a href=